Saturday, July 23, 2016

Travels of the Heart

Happy Saturday! I have some news to share as everyone begins to wrap up the month of July. As you probably know, Mark accepted a position as project manager for a company here on the island. He's wading through training currently. Inter-island travel, dedicated 40 hours, and mandatory vacation time each year are just a few of the perks. 

We decided to enroll the kids in a private school rather than continue to homeschool. It will be a big change but they've always greeted challenges head on and we know they will do well. This school is part of the church we are attending, so the kids have already had the opportunity to meet much of the staff and some of the other students.

Along with the kids' school news, I have accepted a position at the school as well. I will be working some in their preschool room and also as an office assistant. I joked with the principal that it has been 11 years since I sat behind a desk, but I'm sure the learning curve isn't terrible. We'll all be home together for weeknight dinners and weekend trips and homework and activities and last minute projects and study sessions, lol. 

While change is sometimes hard, other times it is quite easy. Here's to navigating new waters!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11


No comments: