Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Reflection

With the holidays fully upon us, I am finding myself in a constant state of reflection. What do I want in the coming year? For myself? For my family?

All in all, I have no regrets for the choices that have led us to these moments. We have been so blessed throughout our lives and I know that these moments are merely stepping stones to something greater. I am strong when I am weak. I am brave when scared. There is joy in my sadness and faith in my fear. If nothing else, 2015 opened my eyes to experiences outside my own. It is from this knowledge that I am writing this post. 

We have had an amazing outpouring of concern for our family in the past year. I am incredibly grateful for each person that has offered to pray for us, called or messaged just to check up on us. In that, many concerns have been voiced as well over the past few months. It is humbling to know that our friends and family think so highly or deeply that they want to be sure we know what our plans entail. Please be understanding if I am not responding to these concerns you have voiced on our behalf. Without being callous, I think it's important to share that we have thought through, talked about, prayed over all the "what if" situations. Some are sad, some are scary, but we have an opportunity to create a new life in a new place. Not everyone has that chance. 

That you for praying. Thank you for caring. Thank you for walking with us through this season of our lives. Please help us continue moving towards the light and not be burdened by fear.

May the joy of the season shine in your hearts, my friends. Much love!!!



No comments: