Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Fan Club

I just want to take a moment today and give a “shout-out” to all the people in the world that are cheering others on from the sidelines. You know the people I’m talking about. They are the ones who pray for us, root for good things in our lives, share our accomplishments as if they were their own, and grieve with us over our sorrows. Maybe you are one of these people. 

The irony is, most people aren’t aware of the breadth and depth of their “fan club.” Many, many times the fan club is comprised of people that one person invested in or impressed upon originally. In return, this group shifts from being receivers of love to givers, just as Jesus gave so selflessly. This encouragement is an easy gift, but a vital one. Hebrews 10:24-25 says, ‘And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near’ (ESV).This is part of the full assurance of faith Christ lays out for us in chapters 10 of Hebrews.


Encouragement through presence or prayer is a simple, yet priceless gift to give someone and an honor to be the recipient of. For me, I want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog, who pours into my life, prayers for me, my family, and my church and who is journeying with us. We are grateful for you and pray for you always!


No comments: