Saturday, January 5, 2019

2019's Word of the Year

Happy New Year! Years ago, I stopped making new year's resolutions. I just felt that every day was an opportunity to start again. Instead, I choose a different type of resolution for my year. Philippians 3:13-14 says to us, "
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." 


Just as many of us resolve with the changing of the year to start fresh, I have found myself searching for a word put upon my soul to guide me over the new year. I have prayed for a word to focus on over the last 5 years and I have been consistently given a word to exemplify an area of my life that needs deliberate attention. 2018 found me frazzled and anxious, learning and leaning into many new things without really understanding. This year, I will ALIGN my life to God's will for my future. Instead of taking on opportunities with trepidation and fear, I will align my thoughts to the lessons and guidance I am receiving from our Heavenly Father. I will choose to align the knowledge I am receiving from other pastors and my studies as my husband and I journey on this path to pastorship to directly affect those around me for the growth of God's kingdom. I will worry less about the views of our society so that I may align myself to being a vessel of God's love to others. I will align my prayer life from intentionally praying to becoming a prayer warrior in our church. I will believe in the gifts I was given and align myself to continue to do His good works. I am ALIGNING myself to be a disciple of God, from my innermost thoughts to my outward actions.
What can you do to join me? Is there something placed on your heart? Have you opened yourself up to hearing what God wants you to learn in the coming months? I would love to hear from you. Let me know how God is moving in your life and how I can pray for you!

Walking with you through 2019 for His glory!
Natalie


No comments: